In our times and ages, it is becoming more and more popular to organize virtual meetings. In consequence, why shouldn’t a virtual evaluation follow the same pattern? Moreover, how can interview questions be answered without an adequate set-up? Let’s explore how to prepare for an interview, and be ready for most common interview questions and answers. Interview tips coming your way! 👇
With plenty of digital resume examples and virtual technologies available, it is very convenient and efficient for the organizations to conduct what would typically be a face-to-face meeting – online. Technology companies race in developing tools and systems specific for recruitment activities. Their aim is accommodating the usual needs of interviewers and candidates, hence making the selection and interview processes feel very familiar and traditional.
Common interview questions and practices
- Online interview questions (‘face-to-face’ or two-way): this type resembles a regular face-to-face interview. The difference? You will have to join a meeting via a specific link in the company’s communication platform. Here you will be able to see and hear your interviewer(s), so have a regular two-way conversation. There are, of course, a couple of differences when comparing a virtual interview with a face-to-face one. In order to minimize stress levels and distraction while joining and participating in a virtual interview, we’re sharing what you should prepare for, at the end of this article.
- Interview questions received online, on-demand: this type of interview contains several pre-prepared questions which are uploaded in an online platform. These interview questions can be either pre-recorded by a company representative and then played to you or presented as text appearing on the screen.
Access these questions via link and record your answers, as you’ll be presented with them, one at a time. Typically, you’ll have a time limit for each answer. In most cases, you will also be allowed a few recording attempts per question. The answers are then stored on the platform and reviewed by the interview team.
Interview questions tips & tricks
If you are going to participate in a virtual interview for the first time, we’ve prepared a list of interview tips, for what you need to know.
- Before preparing for interview questions and answers, test the technology in advance. Make sure the PC or phone you intend to use will have all necessary add-ons to run this specific system smoothly. Companies use various systems to store interview questions and answers. SO! Access the link before the actual meeting (or recording) and make sure your equipment meets the technical requirements. The last thing you want to do is to install new apps and add-ons five minutes before your discussion and be late for the meeting.
- Make sure the room you chose has appropriate lighting, is quiet and allows you to focus and speak without any distractions. Potential technical issues along the way might be distracting enough. 😉
- Test the camera and microphone in your PC or phone to make sure your interviewer will be able to see and hear you appropriately. You probably don’t want to grant your speaker a ‘silent movie experience’, for example. 😉
- While answering interview questions, try to look directly into the camera. This will give your interviewer an impression of eye contact. Remember to sit up straight and control your body movements as well.
- Wear professional clothing, just as if you were in an actual face-to-face interview.
- Make sure you’ve made the necessary preparation, just as if you were to attend any other interview. You can also find some useful tips in our factsheet on what are the recruiter expectations form the candidates, to help you know how to prepare for an interview.
- Last but definitely not least, stay true to yourself and nail that interview!