REEDACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. General aspects
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern the relationship between Sharevents Global SRL, a limited liability company, with its headquarters in Grintiesului street, No. 3, Sector 6, Bucharest, Romania (“The Company ” or “Us”) and the persons using (“the User”) the site www.reedact.com (the “Site” or “reedact.com”) and/or the equivalent Reedact application that can be run on mobile, smartphone and / or tablet and/or the services offered by the Company through the Site or the Application (the “Services”).
FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WE MAY REQUIRE THE USER TO EXPRESS AGREEMENT WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THROUGH A SPECIFIC ACTION WHICH HAS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A NON-COMMERCIAL AGREEMENT (E.G. CHECKING THE SPECIFIC “I HAVE READ AND AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REEDACT” BOX).
BY CHECKING A CERTAIN BOX, THE USER:
- EXPRESSLY AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ALL CLAUSES IN THIS SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND ANY OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES;
- ACKNOWLEDGES THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY, WHICH IS INTEGRATED IN THIS SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
In order to ensure compliance with the terms of access and use of the Services, Users must check the terms and conditions of use at the time of each access to the Site and / or the Reedact Application.
Even if you omit to review the terms and conditions, but use reedact.com or the Reedact Application, we shall assume that you have accepted this set of Terms and Conditions (including any updates to them).
If you disagree with the provisions in this set of Terms and Conditions (including any updates to it), please do not use or, as the case may be, stop using the Site, the Reedact Application or the Services Offered by us, as applicable.
2. Reedact Services
Reedact.com Services and the reedact Application (Reedact Platform) are addressed to (i) Users (“Users”), individuals who visit the Reedact Platform, (ii) Users who are seeking to build a professional resume (“Candidate Users”).
2.1. User account creation, passwords, and responsibilities
Candidate Users may use certain Reedact Platform features without having a User account.
In order to benefit from all Reedact Services, Users (or Candidate Users) must create a Reedact Platform account by filling in the forms available in the “Sign Up” section.
In the case of Candidate Users, User Account creation can also be made through the user account on the Facebook or Google social media platform, in which case the Reedact platform retrieves certain public data of the User related to his or her Facebook or Google accounts.
Upon completion of the user account creation process, the User receives the required link for verification and validation of the contact data on the provided email address.
In order to use the Services offered by the Reedact Platform, it is necessary to:
- provide true, accurate, and complete data about you by filling in the fields in the Registration Form for User Account Creation;
- update the registration data to be true, accurate, and complete at all times when the situation so requires. Understand this update within 30 days of the date the changes occurred.
If you provide non-conforming, inaccurate or incomplete information, Reedact has the right to suspend or block your account and refuse all current or future attempts to use the Reedact Platform.
Reedact is NOT required to check in advance the material published by Users. Reedact does not respond in any way to the information and data posted, disseminated or transmitted by its Users. If requested by a User, Reedact may investigate and verify the allegations and decide whether the information should be removed.
2.2. Candidate Users
Candidate Users can only create a User account if they are at least 16 years of age at the time of creation. Access to the Reedact Platform and use of the Services is not permitted for persons under 16 years of age.
Reedact is an online CV-building platform that gives you the opportunity to create a professional resume or register a CV, including cover letters, in our database.
Also, as part of the Services offered, if you ask us, we can assist you through our consultants for writing and publishing a CV in your User account. With your consent, one of our consultants shall be able to process and post to your User account the CV you need. You can then edit the information so published.
CVs uploaded in the Reedact platform and your contact details can then be made available to companies in search of potential candidates or recruitment companies. In this regard, Candidate Users have three options:
- You can complete your CV in our database and you can chose to send it directly by e-mail in .pdf format to companies in search of potential candidates or recruitment companies. In this process, you can also track the number of times your profile was visited.
- You can make public your CV by sharing the unique profile link that is generated after completing your CV in our database. In this process, you can also track the number of times your profile was visited.
- You can save you CV locally on your device and then chose to send it directly by e-mail in .pdf format to companies in search of potential candidates or recruitment companies.
We try to limit access to our database only to employers, human resources companies, HR managers, HR specialists, but we do not guarantee that other third parties cannot access our database. Reedact does not assume responsibility for the use of CVs by third parties who have accessed CVs while they are in our database.
You can deactivate your CV from our database at any time or, if you wish, delete your Candidate User account.
Certain companies that have chosen to post their recruitment ads via the Reedact Platform may understand that it is simpler to present a misleading, incomplete, incorrect or aggressive reality oriented towards other social categories. The present rules impose fairness on the part of employers, but not all companies understand the rules. Therefore, you should discern before using the information contained in these ads, before going to an interview, before getting hired or making an investment or any other action involving the use of funds, your own resources or those of third parties. Please contact us if you are aware of the existence of such ads.
2.3. Publication of CVs through the Reedact Platform
The Reedact Platform is a communication platform between Users, who are responsible for the content posted in the Reedact Platform (CVs), hereinafter referred to as “User-Submitted Content.” We reserve the right (which can be exercised at any time and without previous notice) to remove, move or edit this content or to restrict the access of some users to one of their communication platforms. These measures may be taken as a result of non-compliance by Users with the legal provisions or the terms and conditions of use of the Reedact Platform.
The user is solely responsible for the Content posted by that User. In this regard, you must be aware that posting or transmission of messages through the Reedact Platform is subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer to any message that may contain a form that is unanimously recognized by the Company as being “advertisement” to various categories of goods and services.
- You may NOT post, transmit or recommend to Users any unsolicited commercial message, whether or not this is done through the communications systems provided by Reedact or other means of communication but using the data obtained through the Reedact Platform.
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer in any way to messages containing recommendations to buy or not to buy a particular product or service. You may also not post or refer in any way to messages containing confidential information, whether or not they are referred to as “confidential” or any other such statement, or to messages that are intended to affect the price, the image or the market value of a product or service. You may NOT publish employment adds inside any networks, as well as the employment adds for banking collaborators.
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer in any way to messages containing illegal, threatening, abusive, indecent, discriminatory, or in any way violating third party rights or legal provisions.
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer in any way to messages containing viruses or any other code sequence that proves to be destructive or that may interrupt, eliminate or limit the functionality of the Reedact Platform or any other computer system (hardware or software).
- You may NOT collect any personally identifiable information from users or Reedact members except for the sole and direct purpose of accessing the Services provided by Reedact.
- You may NOT restrict or remove the access of other Users to the communication platforms provided by Reedact.
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer in any way to messages whose source is hidden.
- You may NOT publish, transmit or refer to any kind of “pyramidal game” or any other activity intended to mislead the trust of persons as well as any similar activities in respect of which the criminal potential or the potential to deceive the trust of a User of Reedact Services.
- You may not publish any material that contravenes any other provision of this Terms and Conditions, Reedact may discretionally remove them from the Reedact Platform without any explanation in this regard.
By publishing Content Posted by the User on or through Reedact Platform you agree that you are solely responsible and shall indemnify Reedact for any damage, costs or limitations profits arising from the posting, transmission or by reference to your messages the content of which violates the conditions and limitations described above.
Some Users may understand that it is simpler to violate the rules foreseen in this set of Terms and Conditions, and as a result, some of the published messages may present a misleading, incomplete, incorrect, or aggressive reality to other social categories. You should therefore discern before using the information contained in these messages to make an investment or any other action involving the use of funds or own resources or of those of other third parties. The picture presented by published messages can sometimes be different from reality.
3. User Account Protection (Candidate User)
Your access to the User Account of the Reedact Platform is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not disclose this password to anyone. Reedact shall never ask for your account password in unsolicited messages or telephone calls. Furthermore, we recommend that you exit (i.e.log off/sign out) at the end of each session. We also recommend that you close the browser window you were working in at the end of browsing Reedact. If you use the Reedact Platform, we recommend that you take additional protection measures to prevent unauthorized access to the mobile devices you use to access the Reedact Platform (e.g. mobile device password).
These tips are intended to remove unauthorized people from accessing your personal information or your mail.
You are responsible for keeping the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for the use of your registration, whether or not the registration is done with our without your approval. You agree to inform Reedact of any unauthorized use of your registration data in the Reedact Platform. The Company shall not be liable for any moral or material damage caused by your failure to comply with the data security measures used to access the Reedact Platform.
4. Protection of intellectual property
The content and design of the Reedact Platform (as well as any other Reedact-related material) sent to you by email or provided to you in any other way (such as articles, design, and any other material we refer to ” Reedact Content”) belong to Reedact and its collaborators – where this is expressly specified or another author is not specified – (copyright) and are protected by intellectual property law.
You may not use, reproduce, or permit anyone to use or reproduce the materials without the written permission of Reedact or its collaborators who own an intellectual property right over the Reedact Platform’s content section. It is also forbidden to reproduce in any way, in whole or in part, the information contained in Candidates’ CVs, in Company recruitment notices without the prior written consent of Reedact.
You may only use the content of the Reedact Platform for your and your company’s use within the purpose for which you have registered in the Reedact Platform. Except as stated above, the content of the Reedact Platform may not be reproduced, modified, and exploited, regardless of the commercial or non-commercial purpose of that exploitation.
Actions of the kind described below are not allowed unless prior written permission is received from Reedact:
- reproducing or storing the content, as well as sending this content to any other site, server or any other means of storing the information.
- modification, publication, transmission, and participation in the transfer, sale, distribution of materials made by reproducing, modifying or displaying the content, unless prior written permission is obtained from us.
- removing the marks that signify the copyright of Reedact on the content.
Any use of the contents of the Reedact Platform for purposes other than those expressly permitted by this document is forbidden. Applications for use of the content for purposes other than those expressly permitted by this document may be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is also prohibited to use any automated means, including scripts, robot applications, bot, spider, crawler and / or any computer applications / programs that can mislead or simulate certain activities or statuses in the Reedact Platform or, in any way exploits certain features or vulnerabilities of the Reedact Platform in order to obtain advantages for itself or for other Users or third parties regarding the use of the Reedact Platform or the access and use of any Services.
5. Protection of personal data
6. Changes and Suspension of Access
Reedact reserves the right to suspend, modify, add or delete portions of the Reedact Platform content at any time. Also, Reedact reserves the right to restrict user access to part or all of its content.
Reedact may, without any other notice or formality and without needing to explain its attitude, suspend or terminate your access to the content of the Reedact Platform or any part of it. In this regard, Reedact may block access to, use of, or use of any of its other services, or remove and delete any material from the Services for any reason whatsoever. Reedact may also, whenever it wishes and without providing justification, interrupt the provision of the Services, or part thereof, with or without prior notice.
In this case, the provisions of Section 2.3.4 of the Terms and Conditions shall apply, where applicable. In the case of restricting access to paid service users, they understand and agree that the only claims they can make against Reedact are limited to requesting a refund of the part of the fee for the restricted period.
7. Lack of warranty and disclaimer
While at all times it strives to ensure the quality and fairness of the data published in the Reedact Platform, Reedact cannot guarantee in terms of its content, the correctness, completeness and actuality of the information presented in the Candidate User’s CVs or software or products and services published under the aegis of the Reedact Platform. To the extent that the applicable law permits, Reedact shall not be held in any way liable for any damages directly or indirectly caused by any direct or indirect loss of (including, but not limited to: damages for loss of profits, interruption of business, or other pecuniary damage, suffered as a result of the use or interruption of the use or lack of regularity of the information and Services provided by Reedact.
Reedact does not guarantee the accuracy, correctness or actuality of the information or Services provided by Reedact. Also, Reedact does not guarantee that computer systems or programs used by Reedact to display or transmit information on the Reedact Platform or in any other form do not contain viruses or other destructive code sequences or other destructive properties.
To the extent that the applicable law permits, you agree to release Reedact from liability for any court or out-of-court actions and to cover the costs and other expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of the terms of this set of Terms and conditions.
8. Force Major
Reedact, its affiliates or, in general, information providers to Reedact cannot be held responsible for any delay or error in the content provided by our publications, resulting directly or indirectly from causes not dependent on the shall of Reedact. This exemption includes, but is not limited to: errors in the Reedact technical equipment, lack of Internet connection, lack of telephone connections, computer viruses, unauthorized access to Reedact, operating errors, strike, etc.
9.1. Changing the terms of this agreement
THE COMPANY RESERVES ITS RIGHT TO PERIODICALLY UPDATE THIS SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS (e.g. TO CORRESPOND WITH THE CHANGES IN LEGISLATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY). USERS SHALL BE NOTIFIED WITH REGARD TO THE OPERATION OF UPDATES / CHANGES IN THE SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND REQUIRED TO EXPRESS AGREEMENT WITH THE UPDATED SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS. REFUSAL TO ACCEPT the UPDATED set of Terms and Conditions SHALL BRING ABOUT THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT WITH THE COMPANY, AND USERS SHALL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE REEDACT PLATFORM AND / OR THE SERVICES OF THE COMPANY.
Also, some services offered by Reedact may be subject to different terms, which shall be displayed for each such service in a visible place and can be accessed prior to using the service.
9.2. Advertising and content provided by other parties
Parts of the content included in Reedact may be provided by third parties with whom Reedact has concluded content delivery contracts. In addition, Reedact content may include ad slots where third-party ad messages shall be displayed. Reedact is not responsible in any way for the content provided by third parties, whether it is advertising or not. Also, Reedact is not responsible for the content of pages referenced from within.
Any notification to Reedact must be sent in writing, by e-mail, by post or fax.
Unless the User doesn’t communicate any change, the notifications shall be sent to the contact data provided by the User on the Reedact Platform, and the respective notifications shall be deemed received by the User.
9.4. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement, as well as all the legal effects of this Agreement, shall be construed and governed by the applicable Romanian law. Any dispute relating to this agreement shall be settled before the competent courts in the location of Reedact.